Travel RN Qualifications

Every facility has their own unique set of qualifications. Below you will find Next Move’s standard travel RN qualifications. For additional questions, please contact us directly.

To view Allied Qualifications, click here.

Am I qualified to make my Next Move?

Most healthcare facilities are looking for experienced RNs or Allied Professionals with at least 2 years of recent bedside experience within their specialty. Nursing experience gives you:

  • Expanded knowledge of patient care
  • Enhanced communication skills with team members, patients, and relatives
  • Improved practical ability
  • On-the-job insight
  • Heightened confidence

Travelers are required to hold one of the following nursing degrees:

  • Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)*
  • Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN)

*Some facilities require a BSN. For questions about specific job requirements, please contact us.

Active nursing license in the state you wish to work, or a compact license in a compact nursing state.

Map of Compact Nursing States 2023

Don’t have a compact license? It’s a lot easier to get than you might think!

Learn more about securing a compact license

Certification requirements vary based on the facility and specialty. Minimum certifications required are:

  • Basic Life Support (BLS)

Some travel nurse openings also require:

  • Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
  • Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
  • The National Institute of Health Strokes Scale (NIHSS)
Share This